Perfect Cheese Quesadillas.
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 cups shredded cheese (jack/cheddar blend)
- 6 flour tortillas
- Gently press diced tomatoes into a strainer to remove extra water
- Heat skillet on medium
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Place tortilla in skillet and cover completely with layer of cheese mixture
- Once grill side of tortilla is lightly brown (3-4 minutes), fold tortilla in half inward with spatula. Cook until golden brown.
- Cut quesadilla into three equal wedges.
- Repeat until all tortillas have all been converted into gloriously melted cheese quesadillas.
Feel free to add grilled chicken (or beef) to make these into delicious chicken quesadillas (or beef). Serve with sour cream (or cottage cheese) and guacamole (our favorite guacamole recipes).